Saturday, November 5, 2011

Flight

So, I tried on those gold shoes from Zara that Garance was wearing. So awful. I looked like a clown, they were just SO shiny, I felt like my feet were glowing…oh well. 

I'm so upset about not being able to do French that I've decided I'm going to start teaching myself the basic vocabulary and sentence structure. I have a magazine I bought ages ago called WAD that is in French with English translations and I've started to write down and learn vocabulary from the magazine. A VERY small step for me, but a step none the less.. and I'm finding French words to be similar to Italian, so that makes it a tiny bit easier. My housemate said she would also help me out with pronunciation because she speaks French (as well as English, Flemish, German and learning Italian right now… I'm so envious), I like to think she's returning the favour for me teaching her slang words like 'yuck', 'crap', 'sup?' and other integral words. When I get proper Internet (MONDAYYYYYY) I'll go and suss out some audiobooks too. It may not be the most practical or logical thing to decide to learn French when you are in Italy and still learning Italian, but my hearts set on the task, and in Alyssa's world, that usually means I'll make it happen. 



I Believe I can Fly ( flight of the frenchies). Trailer from sebastien montaz-rosset on Vimeo.

While we are talking about things French... You should watch the above clip, it is so amazing.

Video via My Modern Met

No comments:

Post a Comment