Sunday, January 1, 2012

Note to Self

So a little unconventional, but I finished off my New Year Resolutions today - on New Year's Day



- Explore Australia more (because I've explored so much of the world and realised that Australia is just as beautiful but I haven't given it the time of day to take seriously)
- Lose some of my Italian food binging weight (sorry to be so stereotypical with the lose weight resolution)
- Get a job I actually enjoy or will get me somewhere career-wise
- Think twice about clothes I buy, no more buyer's remorse.
- Cut back on swearing
- Get to an intermediate level of French
- Keep in mind the concept of 'Karma'
- Save up, research, and buy a beautiful camera
- Take beautiful photographs
- I've spoken to so many strangers and met so many new people travelling and in Italy, make an effort to meet new people in Sydney.
- Produce design work that even I like.

P.S I just watched Drive. I was really bummed that watching a film is all I could do on New Year's day because it is so cold here, no BBQ's, beach, parks or picnics because you would freeze...its quite limiting, but Drive was a pretty damn great way to bring in the new year. I was so inspired by its concept that I can't wait to creatively devour a year of design studies. I knew it was supposed to be good, but I put it off because I thought it would be a bit of a 'commitment' movie, one I can't mindlessly watch. It was so good, not in the 'a good action movie' kind of good... the style of it was so so unconventionally amazing. At first I was really really put off by the opening credits in hot pink and horrid retro font but as the movie progressed it all worked SO well, in fact it was ingenious. As Ryan Gosling describes the movie himself "Pretty in Pink with a head-smashing".

Images via We Live Young

No comments:

Post a Comment