Monday, January 28, 2013

The Thinker of Tender Thoughts

So so beautiful.


“This photograph is my proof. There was that afternoon, when things were still good between us, and she embraced me, and we were so happy. It did happen. She did love me. Look for yourself.” 
This is my proof, Duane Michals, 1974










Alicia Framis & Nacho Alegre - Lost Astronaut (2009)







"My Body is a Temple is an on-going photographic series where I create Tibetan mandalas from everyday junk food item and other comestible elements."Sylvain Dumais







Unknown by Iosif Kiraly.

Really love the haphazard nature of these images and their construction - it is as if they have been put together to remember something, to make it more vivid by fleshing it out with different angles. 








'Passengers' by John Schabel.

Recently when I drive past the airport I get quite nostalgic/sad and I'm not really sure why. I find that feeling whilst waiting for a flight to depart so unusual. These voyeuristic photos by Schabel are lovely depictions of how other people behave- I guess for some it can purely be a logistical thing like placing your bag above your head and getting ready to sleep.

"For about three years in the 90's, New York-based photographer John Schabel took on a voyeuristic project involving people seated on planes, as seen through the aircrafts' porthole windows. Unbeknownst to the anonymous flyers, the photographer would snap shots of them with a telephoto lens from a safe distance, nearly 100 yards away. The series, titled Passengers, reveals intriguing portraits of the unknowing travelers powerlessly waiting for their flight to takeoff. Some of them appear to be anxiously preparing themselves for the trip while others have already begun their slumber."
Images via My Modern Met, Not shaking the grass, and Quiet is the New Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment