Friday, September 9, 2011

Melancholia



So I was quietly intrigued by the Melancholia trailer, it looked beautiful...and that was about all I could grasp from the trailer. I got it into my head that I really needed to see it, so one late night in Paris I went and saw it with Daniel. It was one of those films you can't stop talking about, it really makes you think - and I've also probably read about 95% of anything written about it on the internet now. I could understand why some people wouldn't like it, it was a little indulgent and strange. Lars Von Trier's approach is more artful than storyline driven in my opinion, but this only made it better for me. You have to take it for what it is. I did and I LOVED it. I thought it was crazy. If you like films for great cinematography and an overall feeling of whimsical beauty, this is the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment