Thursday, July 4, 2013

Born Free

I have been to a number of exhibitions lately to make up for all the ones I have missed during university semester. Yesterday I went to the World Press Photo exhibition at the State Library. As per each exhibition the images are powerful, brutal and sad. I am a bit of a wimp but I really find these shows very eye-opening, so I suggest you see it!

Taken after the Japanese Tsunami by Daniel Berehulak

I also went and saw Jeff Wall at the MCA. I mainly went to see this image in the flesh, and by gosh it is even more entrancing in real life. He displays his work printed on transparency placed over light boxes which make these static images look almost surreal vivid colour.


I watched another great Australian film over the weekend called 'Wish You Were Here'. I have kept my eye open for this one and was so glad when it came on Foxtel. I am really surprised by some bad reviews of this film! Great acting, cinematography and eerie suspense! If you like other Australian films and TV like Animal Kingdom, Love My Way or Noise, you will like this film!


And a bit of images gathered from the Internet, because why not?








Images via Jak & Jil, We The People and Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment