Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LFW

So the worship of Dion Lee continues. I'm a sucker for strong conceptual collections - clean and clever silhouettes with a hint of weird. This collection was inspired by geography and heat thermal maps. As aways, the attention to form and different materials is very considered and Lee's interpretation of material manipulation is always a exquisite.








Preen is also memorable for their bold shapes and interesting prints - I think it is safe to say I am easily pleased by a 'power blazer'. Drawing inspiration from cult film Route 66, Natural History museums and 90s Christina Ricci, Preen successfully diversifies their look throughout their collection. Yes, I am kind of over the floral trend too, but I think Preen pulls it off in the use of uncomplicated pieces and prints that aren't overly altered - more true to photographic form.





Images via Russhmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment