Friday, October 26, 2012

October: Inspiring Me Now

To be honest, I wasn't that inspired during October. I think I was still living off inspiration from September because I actually produced a lot of my own work. Some photographs, letterpress business cards, posters, lead-light bags, you name it. I'll let you know when they are all photographed and uploaded to my online portfolio. Enjoy your weekend. x

1. Artworks With More
A friend recently told me that whilst at university she created a major project based around an elderly lady that she cared for at her work. The lady had dementia and started to forget her family and only remembered my friend, her carer. The two grew a strong bond until the lady passed away at the age of 91. My friend's major work had 91 paintings based on this lady for the number of years that she lived. Relating the logistics of an artwork to actually represent something gives the work a lot more meaning.

The artist Matthew Brandt has taken photographs of lakes and reservoirs and then soaked each image in the water of the respective lake or resevoir that is pictured in the photograph. The images become even more interesting when you realise that consideration is even put into the type of water they were altered in. In the end, the water takes ownership of its own beauty.


American Lake WA

Nacimiento Lake CA

Lake Union WA

Skinner Reservoir CA

2. 'Love Fade' - Tamaryn
I find this song perfect to just hand out to. I love designing to it too - its got this sense of progressions whilst being chilled out - sets the pace!


Tamaryn "Love Fade" from Mexican Summer on Vimeo.

3. Alpha60's New Collection
As soon as I get paid/am on holidays I am racing into Alpha60 and going crazy. The photographs don't do it justice and there is so much more cool things in store. I had a little peak last week and had to run out of the shop because I started getting too excited and I only had 10 minutes to look. I will return, prepared.







Images via Arpeggia and Alpha60 Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment